Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The Next Chapter

It's time for the next chapter.   It's time to say goodbye to this blog.

When I started writing about our journey it was about Logan.  Sure, it was about our family and our journey, but the focus was mainly Logan.  It was about all that we were discovering and learning and enduring with every new day, with each new challenge and each new medical hurdle.

And in so many ways that is the path we have been on.  All about Logan.  And there has been nothing wrong with that.  It is exactly where we needed to be.

But God is guiding us in a different direction these days.  One that feels very deliberate, yet very unclear.  I repeat the words "I'm trusting you Jesus" over and over.  Often to calm my fears and anxiety about the unknown.

We are a family of four.  Well...four humans and one four-legged beauty who thinks she's human.

We have found ourselves in the midst of big changes.  The inside kind of changes that can only be felt.  And it doesn't always feel good.  But they are necessary to move us to the next place God needs us.

I have learned so many things along the way.  Some of which were very clear and others that were  visible only in hindsight.

We have two very different, but very complex children.  Both of whom I feel were lovingly and meticulously created to change the world in major ways.

That's not the hard part, nor the lesson.  What makes it very challenging, sometimes agonizing and overwhelmingly rewarding is that we are all human.  Us, them, the world.

In learning how to best guide my children, I am having to take an honest look at me.  And while that can feel excruciating at times it is becoming crystal clear that I too was created lovingly and meticulously for a very specific purpose.

And so was everyone else in this world.  Some living out that purpose, others struggling to find it and many who have lost their way.

Now to figuring out my purpose.  Or, better yet, to uncover my purpose...in God's timing, not mine.

And how that purpose fits into my precious family, my community and the world around me.

I can't, for a moment, believe that the crazy make up of our little Wingate crew was by chance or accident.  And if you don't know us...trust me...it is a crazy design for sure.

So, we're moving on.  To what?  I'm not sure.

Some things I think are ahead?

Fine tuning our amazing Noosa team.

Embracing Epilepsy and the amazing people we are meeting because of it as a way to change the world for the better.  Embracing the power of Epilepsy to impact the world beyond Epilepsy.

Loving my family with a love that is beyond me.  Knowing the next step to take to help each one of them fulfill all that God has planned for their lives.

Praying with every fiber of my being for the Lord to work through me to do what it is He has put me on this earth to do.

And as I lay my head on my pillow at night, I will pray for the strength and guidance and wisdom and courage and grace to do it all again the next day.

As we say goodbye to this chapter, it is with a gratitude that is beyond anything I could express.  The love and prayers and grace and support that we have received through these writings and because of this journey will forever be a part of the foundation upon which we have built an amazing story and testimony.

So with a humble yet enormous gratitude, we say farewell.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 
       To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. 

No comments:

Prayers for output!

A lot has changed in almost 17 years of hospital stays.  The beds feel smaller, the bathroom seems smaller and the pull out ‘couch’ Fred and...