Ever feel like you are working as hard as you can to try and simplify things, only to realize that things seem to be getting more complicated?
Life is good, don't get me wrong. It's just that it feels like we are flying through the motions. Doing everything we're supposed to be doing, but not really enjoying it all like we should be.
I don't mind working hard, but I don't want it to always feel like such hard work. I totally stole this idea from Chris Martin of Cold Play after seeing him on TV yesterday. That's right....television. I watched it....for a while. Maybe that's why I'm so out of sorts? That and the lack of sleep that we are experiencing again.
But I really don't mind working hard. It just feels like we are working hard and getting nowhere. Maybe it's just the season of life we are in right now. One of those times when it feels like you take two steps forward and multiple steps backwards. I know I will be so grateful for this time when I look back, because God is at work and helping us to grow. He is designing blessings that we can't imagine and that takes work. Sometimes it's just hard to know what we are supposed to do, or if we're doing the right things.
It's been a while since I posted....wow. If I could just write once a week, at the least, I think I could keep my head on a little straighter. But until I simplify some and de-clutter my world, that seems all but impossible.
I can say that since I posted last, Freddie's school experience has taken a huge turn for the better! He now seems to really love school. He loves all of the TK teachers, the kids, the activities, the dining hall....the whole experience. Although there are still too many rules by his standards. Watching him grow and change, learn and explore and question everything is exactly what we had hoped and prayed for him. Along with that comes challenges though and I often feel like I am just not prepared for what he needs from us. I'm at a loss sometimes with the wonderfully sensitive, extremely intelligent and very often challenging little person he is becoming. I pray for God to help me, but too often I don't listen, or maybe I just don't follow His guidance. Freddie clearly isn't the only one learning.
My goal was to post about big events so I would have a record when I print these one day. So far I have missed Freddie's 5th birthday post, our 9 year anniversary post and I still haven't posted video of our sweet baby boy walking. One of these days, when I'm not posting remotely I will update with photos and the fun stuff! Even if it's late, I will still have a record of it.
We have had an eventful last month or so. As I mentioned Freddie turned 5 and we had a wonderful celebration with amazing friends! I just love how precious his sweet friends are as well as their parents and siblings. I wish we could have fun like that every weekend!
Fred and I celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary! I can honestly say that just when I think I couldn't love him more, it happens. He is the most wonderful father to our children....beyond what I could have imagined. He is always thinking of ways to make life easier for our family and works so hard to provide for all that we need, while still being their for us. I thank God every day for him and truly can't imagine life without him. The anniversaries are wonderful, but I celebrate him and our marriage every day.
During this last month we have had a few doctor's visits as well! Some follow ups and a few sick visits. Logan had an upper respiratory infection, but we handled it at home! He is such a little trooper! I tell you, that kid smiles through everything. He can certainly teach us a thing or too about life.
Freddie woke up last week with hives and some facial swelling. We are in the process of finishing up steroids and Benedryl doses, but he seems much better. We have racked our brains to try and figure out if he ate anything different or did anything different. As of now, we have no idea why it happened. Now he has what we think its a cold or allergies, but seems fine otherwise. Always a roller coaster with these little ones!
Logan had a follow up with his neurologist last week and we are going to try reducing the last seizure med he is on!!! We'll do it slowly, but hopefully we will see positive results. Any prayers you would like to send our way would be greatly appreciated.
He is also doing so well with therapy! He is much more purposeful with his arms these days and loves walking around, even though it tires him out quickly. It is amazing to think how far he has come in such a short time. It is nothing short of the power of prayer and the amazing work God can do.
Last night we attended a fundraiser for the Epilepsy Foundation of NC. I didn't realize how blessed I would feel after the event. I met a dad whose 18 month old baby girl was diagnosed about a month ago with Epilepsy and I talked with a couple of other moms about starting a support group in this area. I have been so hesitant about support groups in the past, because I don't want to simply go and vent or cry about this journey we are all on. But it seems that this one will be different, because the moms I met are interested in moving on with life. Learning how to LIVE, not how to cope. I get very excited and hope we are able to help he numerous families are at the beginning of what may feel like a huge uphill battle.
God is always at work.
Slowly but surely, day by day and together....we will all get through this rough patch. Remembering to focus on all of the blessings and not the struggles will help. And remembering to follow God's path instead of trying to create our own will certainly prove to be what makes this a growing experience with a positive outcome, versus a trying time full of unpleasant memories.
Life is much more about perspective and how we choose to live than the circumstances surrounding out lives.
Today, I am doing all I can to choose JOY, HOPE and HAPPINESS.
May all of you have a day filled with the same.
Happy Monday!
After our 3 month old son was diagnosed with a brain abnormality resulting in a difficult to control seizure disorder, we decided to join the blogging world and share with our family and friends the ups and downs, ins and outs and blessings of our journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Prayers for output!
A lot has changed in almost 17 years of hospital stays. The beds feel smaller, the bathroom seems smaller and the pull out ‘couch’ Fred and...
-
A lot has changed in almost 17 years of hospital stays. The beds feel smaller, the bathroom seems smaller and the pull out ‘couch’ Fred and...
-
In the early days of this blog, the words came almost effortlessly. They filled my brain and then poured out almost faster than I could type...
-
It seems as though our request for prayers is becoming all too familiar. I wish I was writing with huge praises but, at least for Logan, th...
No comments:
Post a Comment