It seems as though our request for prayers is becoming all too familiar. I wish I was writing with huge praises but, at least for Logan, that is not really the case these days.
This will be short and sweet, but we would really appreciate any and all prayers that you could send Logan's way. He is having kind of a tough time.
His seizures are worse and happen more often. He either sleeps a lot or can't seem to fall asleep when he's so tired. He's in a fog that we think is from the meds. And he just isn't really happy very often. He doesn't leave the house very much and he can't really hold out for most of his therapies. I try every way I can to come up with a phrase that does not sound so hopeless, but sometimes the best way to describe it for him is that LIFE JUST STINKS. And he doesn't even ask for that much out of life.
Sometimes when we are in the middle of day to day life we have a hard time gaining perspective on just how our sweet boy is doing. But in looking back over the last few weeks, or maybe it's been months....possibly even longer...he just can't seem to shake the seizures and fog that comes with his sweet little brain and the medications we give him to try and help.
I've heard the phrase that worry/busyness (fill in the blank) is not OF the devil it IS the devil. Well I feel that way about seizure medications. I can't imagine that God is smiling as He looks down on Logan and sees what all is happening with our baby.
However, I also do not believe that God, in any way, shape or form is the one DOING this to our child.
So...that brings us to prayer.
I can't pull Logan off of all the meds...although that is Fred's choice.
I can't come up with my own concoction to give him, although I am working on that.
And I can't go back in time and redesign his precious brain. And I don't know that I would necessarily want to do that.
But I can pray.
Here's the kicker. I forget to pray. I ask for prayers, talk about how we are where we are because of prayer and how I know that miracles that happen every day can be linked directly back to prayer.
But I forget.
I get caught up in the day. I wake up, hit the ground running and before I know it I'm in the bed at night thinking through what I have to do the next day and realize I.forgot.to.pray.
UGH!!! It's beyond frustrating, because in so many ways I know the answer is right there before me.
So....I ask for your prayers. But this time it's multi-layered. Feel free to pray all or some...we'll take whatever we can get.
Prayers for Logan's complete healing.
Prayers for wisdom for us to know what next steps to take in his care.
Prayers for daily guidance to make the absolute best decisions we can, because he can't tell us anything.
Prayers for our family - for us to remember to pray, for us to all remember that we are on the same page and want the same ultimate things, and prayers to remember and help others remember that we have two precious children, not just one.
Prayers for our doctors and for us to find a new doctor.
And prayers for our precious, baby boy. For the pain and fear to disappear. For the fog to lift and for his quality of life to improve....beyond what we can even hope for.
Thank you....again and again and again. You are my well of hope, my lifeline to better days and my proof that God in still in the business of miracles.
God bless you all in this brand new year!
After our 3 month old son was diagnosed with a brain abnormality resulting in a difficult to control seizure disorder, we decided to join the blogging world and share with our family and friends the ups and downs, ins and outs and blessings of our journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Prayers for output!
A lot has changed in almost 17 years of hospital stays. The beds feel smaller, the bathroom seems smaller and the pull out ‘couch’ Fred and...
-
A lot has changed in almost 17 years of hospital stays. The beds feel smaller, the bathroom seems smaller and the pull out ‘couch’ Fred and...
-
In the early days of this blog, the words came almost effortlessly. They filled my brain and then poured out almost faster than I could type...
-
It seems as though our request for prayers is becoming all too familiar. I wish I was writing with huge praises but, at least for Logan, th...
8 comments:
I can't remember everyday either, but I expect God's memory is good. :) You are always in my prayers.Angela
I will certainly be praying for you all. I can not even imagine the stress you are going through but I do know that God is the one who is sustaining you in these trying times. Just remember to lean on Him! Danielle Holton
Thinking of you and asking that God wrap your family in his strength, wisdom, and love. May his guidance lead you on the path of knowledge as you search for healing and peace for Logan and for all of you. May you be blessed.
Ellen, I prayed just now for y'all.
I understand.
God bless y'all.
Sweet Ellen and family,
I am praying for all of you...that God will continue to give you strength and courage each day. I cannot imagine, begin to imagine, the hurt in your heart as you go about loving and taking care of Logan. I am grateful that you have been blessed with "the amazing Freddie", so full of joy and wonder. I am praying for the miracle that only God can provide...and I believe!
With love,
Vicky
I will add my prayers to yours. Have faith in the truth of Philippians 4:13.
The hardest thing about sickness is realizing God is in control. It is so easy to forget that we aren't doing this on our own. You want more than anything to take his pain and suffering away. Because you can't, it makes you feel helpless. Throughout the course of my mother's disease, learning that God hasn't forgotten us is so hard and frustrating!! Everything Logan is going through is just a puzzle piece in God's plan. One of my favorite quotes is "You don't know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have". You, Fred, and Freddy are so strong and have such tender, caring hearts. There are times I forget to pray and even times when I just don't want to! I am praying for sweet Logan, but also for YOU, FRED, and FREDDY!! Stay strong loves. God hasn't forgotten you or your family. I love you all dearly! You are such great examples and mentors in my life. Thank you for all YOU have done for ME!
You got it! Prayers coming. You and your beautiful family are an inspiration to me. KCox
Post a Comment