Monday, October 28, 2013

Epilepsy Awareness Month

EPILEPSY AWARENESS MONTH IS ALMOST HERE!!!

Life is always busy, but things really kick into high gear for us in November.

After living this detour in our lives for over 4 years now, our resolve is even stronger.  

This is no way to live.

Our baby boy is not in a great place.  He has some good days and some good times during the day, but overall the seizures and seizure meds rule his life.  And in turn rule the lives of everyone who loves him.

Our story really hasn't changed when it comes to Epilepsy.  In a sense, I've been saying the same basic thing for over 4 years with a few defining details.

So here we are on the verge of another month where we try and raise AWARENESS and HOPE for all of those who live with and those who have lost their lives to Epilepsy.

I can't change the world.  I can't cure Epilepsy on my own.  But I can do all that I can do to help in any way I can.

At this point I'm not above begging, although it is not what I do well.  But I am all but begging you to join us.  

BELIEVE with us that there is a better life out there for everyone affected by Epilepsy. 

BELIEVE that there is something each and every one of us can do to help bring light to this hidden need.

BELIEVE that wearing purple, talking about it, telling Logan's story and praying with us CAN change the Epilepsy community for the better.

BELIEVE it when you see my husband with purple hair next month.  He loves his baby boy and is tired of seeing him suffer. 

BELIEVE in the beauty of Noosa Green becoming Noosa Purple for the month of November. 

BELIEVE that you can make a difference.

BELIEVE that I can make a difference.

BELIEVE that together, we can make a HUGE difference.

We are all about AWARENESS, but we are also all about ACTION!

Here's what you can do.

SHOP!!  $5 tickets - buy a ticket for just $5 to a special charity sale at Belk SouthPark on November 9th.  You can shop now and they will hold your items or you can show up that morning for a true Black Friday-esque shopping spree!  You get the $5 off on your purchase plus huge discounts on RARELY DISCOUNTED ITEMS.  All the proceeds from our ticket sales go DIRECTLY to the Epilepsy Foundation of North Carolina. I have 10 to sell and I'll be at Belk SouthPark on November 4th with more!!!

Run with us! Click HERE and learn about this sweet mama who is celebrating her 40th birthday with a 5K benefiting the Epilepsy Foundation of NC.  It's happening before the Fall Stroll in the same location at UNCC!

Walk with us and donate!  The Annual Fall Stroll for Epilepsy is THIS SATURDAY, November 2nd at 10am at UNCC!  Click here for more details and to REGISTER!  Click HERE to donate!

Talk about it.

Wear PURPLE and tell people why.

Share our blog and our story.

Pray with us and BELIEVE with us.

It's here...it's time.

PLEASE JOIN US!!!!


No comments:

Prayers for output!

A lot has changed in almost 17 years of hospital stays.  The beds feel smaller, the bathroom seems smaller and the pull out ‘couch’ Fred and...