Thursday, April 10, 2014

Forks in the road

In learning to advocate for your child, especially the one who cannot yet speak for himself, you hope the journey teaches you that everyone along your path has your child's best interest as their first priority.

While I like to think that is the case, reality tells me that may not always be true.

I have a meeting tomorrow and I have to admit, I'm a little anxious. 

My hope and prayer for the outcome of the meeting is that we have made a valuable addition to Logan's phenomenal care team.  

My gut tells me there is the strong possiblity it may not play out so beautifully.

When politics and business threaten to overshadow the importance of the best care for a child and his family, mama bear must sharpen her claws.

My prayers are for open minds, calm but clear discussions and an outcome that will provide for continued phoenomenal care for our precious son. 

And maybe a prayer that if those claws have to come out, I use them wisely.

Amen.


No comments:

Prayers for output!

A lot has changed in almost 17 years of hospital stays.  The beds feel smaller, the bathroom seems smaller and the pull out ‘couch’ Fred and...