You couldn't have known. There was no way for you to know when you were writing each word on that precious note that I still look for in my mailbox, that your timing would be exactly, perfectly perfect.
But I knew. As soon as I opened the mailbox and saw the familiar handwriting on the right sized envelope, that you knew.
Or should I say...HE knew.
He knew I needed the words. He knew I needed the reminder. He knew I needed a sign and He knew exactly what that sign needed to look like.
But you listened. You obeyed and you wrote those words, when they needed to be written. You addressed the envelope and made sure it was mailed so it would arrive when I needed to read it.
My friend, these notes are sometimes a lifeline for me. They reassure, they teach and they comfort. In a world where I am surrounded by people all the time, things can sometimes seem overwhelmingly lonely.
And then you show up...over and over again you show up.
All I've got is Thank You. But it's a larger than life thank you.
Bless those who listen, who obey, who reach out and who stick to committments.
Bless those who are true and loyal friends. Who care and who say they care. Who take the time in a world where time seems to be the hardest thing to give.
My sweet friend, consider yourself hugged and loved today. You continue to bless my world.
After our 3 month old son was diagnosed with a brain abnormality resulting in a difficult to control seizure disorder, we decided to join the blogging world and share with our family and friends the ups and downs, ins and outs and blessings of our journey.
Saturday, October 18, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Prayers for output!
A lot has changed in almost 17 years of hospital stays. The beds feel smaller, the bathroom seems smaller and the pull out ‘couch’ Fred and...
-
A lot has changed in almost 17 years of hospital stays. The beds feel smaller, the bathroom seems smaller and the pull out ‘couch’ Fred and...
-
In the early days of this blog, the words came almost effortlessly. They filled my brain and then poured out almost faster than I could type...
-
It seems as though our request for prayers is becoming all too familiar. I wish I was writing with huge praises but, at least for Logan, th...

1 comment:
Prayers and love being sent your way! I am so glad you have someone to send you those notes!
Post a Comment