We've made it to Day -1. That's how they count things in transplant world. Mama entered the 4B unit on Day -7. Day 0 (tomorrow) is transplant day. Thursday, the day after transplant is Day +1 and we count positives from there.
Mama, being the rock star she is, has had 7 doses of chemo and will get radiation today. And she's doing awesome. The doctors and nurses all tell her that she is a rock star. She is walking the halls, using the mouthwash (to help with mouth sores) and trying her best to choke down all the gross hospital food she can.
In the last week I've had labs drawn 3 times, 4 shots (and may get a few more before it's all said and done) and lots of vital checks. Shots didn't really hurt at all, lab draws went well and for the most part no real side effects of the shots. WHOO HOO!
The team of nurses and doctors associated with this process, especially for Mama, have been incredible. There are nurses fighting over her and stopping by just to say hi when they found out she was back. The staff up there...everyone...is so wonderful. You can't imagine what a difference that makes.
And your prayers, support, love, messages, cards, BELIEVING.....hard to explain how powerful. You are carrying our family again and we are forever grateful. Forgive us if you don't hear back, but know how much every little thing means to us.
My mama is doing great. I'm doing great. My husband is incredible and my rock and I am so, so, so thankful for him. More than he will ever know. Papa is a rock star as well. Every day, unconditional love and support and trips to and from the hospital. And the staff takes care of him as well.
So Day -1 will be in the books soon and Day 0 will be here. I have had some of the sweetest messages sent to me with Bible verses attached and they are perfect in so many ways. Always reminding me to trust, not to fear and to give praise not for all circumstances, but in all circumstances. We have been able to do that thanks to all the prayers and believing.
Thanks for sticking with us on our journeys and thanks for praying for my Mama.
Now I'm going to get back to producing the best and most beautiful stem cells I can, for my beautiful Mama!
After our 3 month old son was diagnosed with a brain abnormality resulting in a difficult to control seizure disorder, we decided to join the blogging world and share with our family and friends the ups and downs, ins and outs and blessings of our journey.
Tuesday, December 20, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Prayers for output!
A lot has changed in almost 17 years of hospital stays. The beds feel smaller, the bathroom seems smaller and the pull out ‘couch’ Fred and...
-
A lot has changed in almost 17 years of hospital stays. The beds feel smaller, the bathroom seems smaller and the pull out ‘couch’ Fred and...
-
In the early days of this blog, the words came almost effortlessly. They filled my brain and then poured out almost faster than I could type...
-
It seems as though our request for prayers is becoming all too familiar. I wish I was writing with huge praises but, at least for Logan, th...
1 comment:
Having a time trying to get my comment to you, but #3--what an exceptional family! I'm praying for all! Much love!
Post a Comment