I will start with a few photos...just too cute not to post!
Love, love, love this little thing Freddie does!
My sweet, sweet boys!!!! One day they will all smile for the photo!
We take our light rail transportation very seriously.
I love this one, for so many reasons.
I am so very blessed!
There isn't much better in life than a vanilla ice cream cone!!
Excited to be outside enjoying the fresh air!!!!! Such a precious boy!
Our new backyard pool! Quickly a family favorite!
Things are running at mach speed as usual around here. Here's the run down...it's much easier to digest in small bites.
We are moving in about 3 weeks. The house is almost finished. Whoa.
Logan is having one of his surgeries tomorrow. The breathing issue seemed to be getting worse, so Monday afternoon we decided that we would go ahead since the ENT was available. The surgery scheduler, who is now on our Christmas gift list, could not believe we got main OR time on such short notice. In her words..."it was a miracle". Clearly she hasn't met Logan yet!
We will likely repeat this same surgery again in 3 weeks to remove the side they do not remove tomorrow, unless over the next 3 weeks his breathing is dramatically better. Coincidentally they typically wait 3 weeks in between these two surgeries, which just happens to be the amount of time between tomorrow and his next surgery date.....again, nothing short of a miracle. And if you recall, the definition of a coincidence is simply God's way of remaining anonymous (thanks Uncle Jimmy!).
We have had a couple of awesome playdates for Freddie with new friends, which is always nice. As awesome as I think my mom and I are, the child needs some friends his own age! He is so unbelievably sweet wanting to play with Logan. And even though Logan can't really respond or react to him, Freddie gets excited at anything Logan can do. He is such an amazing child and I feel more blessed every day to have been chosen to be his Momma!
We have been approved for a licensed nurse and had our hours increased to 25 per week starting as soon as we can find a nurse. Whoo hoo! The sad part of this is that this means our sweet Miss Brittany will move on to another family when we find someone new. I truly believe she has fallen in love with our boys. She is so sweet to them even when there isn't much she can do. We will be excited however to have a team that have the ability to administer medicine and hopefully we can reach a point where I can leave for short periods if needed. It may take me longer to get ready for that than it will for Logan and the nurse!
We are sending Logan's files out to a couple of other doctors across the country just to get some additional opinions. I don't expect anything miraculous, but I also don't necessarily feel that we are doing everything possible for him. Thank you to my sweet sister and my "brother" Kent for connecting us to Johns Hopkins and my wonderful, new friend Catherine for getting us in with her sweet baby's doctor. You guys are so wonderful!!!!!
We are scheduled to start the Ketogenic diet in late September, but we have already purchased some of the equipment needed to prepare some of the meals. Hopefully we can find some things he likes and expand his food selection beyond applesauce, pears and Pediasure.
We also had a beach trip planned (technically a Pest Management Convention) for this week, but we'll see how things go with Logan. Unfortunately we had always planned for him to stay here with Nana and Papa because we can't take him in the sun because of one of the meds he's on and he typically has a seizure when he gets too hot. No sun + no heat = no fun at the beach! It makes me so sad that he can't go with us, but I will tell you that staying at Nana and Papa's is like he's in his own castle. Are you surprised he is treated like a prince there? So while I'm sad, he is loving it. Makes my heart happy. We'll see how he does after the procedure tomorrow and decide whether or not to go. I really think it would be a good trip for us, so hopefully it will all work out.
Other than the daily threat of Nana running screaming from the building and me trying to do things like open the garage door with garbage disposal or completely lose my train of thought in every conversation...things are going very smoothly around here.
The next 12-18 hours will be pretty typical, although the details are just a little different.
Fred is at work and both boys are sleeping. Score 1 for Mom.
Nana got to go home before the 11 o'clock news. Score 1 for Nana.
If Freddie sleeps through the night it will be 2 in a row.
Logan will likely have seizures overnight, it's the number that varies.
We must get Logan's meds in him before 8am tomorrow morning. Probably not too difficult since Freddie gets up before the sun some mornings.
Nana will be here before the chiming of the 8 o'clock hour. Bless her.
Brittany will arrive at 8am. Another set of hands will be key since Logan can only have clear liquids in the morning and nothing after 10am. Yikes. At almost 31 pounds and clearing five 8oz bottles of Pediasure a day, we're going to have to be creative to keep him from screaming for hours. Although, I should be much more optimistic than that. He's such a sweet boy that I'm sure I will eat those words.
Our landlord is showing our house at 9am in the morning. Boy are those people in for a rude awakening. He's going to have to keep reminding them how big the house really is....once all of the junk has been moved out!
Fred will probably leave before 6:30am to make sure he can clear his schedule to meet us at the hospital by 12:30 to get Logan checked in.
Nana is going to try and get Freddie's hair cut tomorrow. Like she doesn't have anything else to do. And after that she will channel her inner 3 1/2 year old self so that she can play trains and cars all afternoon! That "self" is pretty close to the surface since she does these things on a daily basis.
Logan's procedure is at 2:30pm and will likely last about 15 minutes. Our prayer is that everything goes smoothly, he comes out of the anesthesia like a champ and his recovery is very easy.
So.....if all goes well we will head to the beach early Thursday morning. Fred has meetings that afternoon and I will schedule the first massage and facial I can get on Friday morning. Okay, so that's not exactly how things will go, but it's a nice thought to get me through tomorrow.
Now that my short, quick update has turned into another short novel, I think I'll turn in.
I feel more blessed than I ever have in my life and I am so thankful to GOD for everything...just everything. The joys, the pain, the lessons, the blessings, the mountains, the valleys and each and every soul that walks with us through it all.
Sweet dreams! And as Freddie says...don't let the bed bugs bite. Somehow, living with a bug "managing" husband, that saying is not as funny as it used to be. But it's still sweet as ever coming from our little man!
Good night and God bless!
1 comment:
What a great post! I absolutely love all the photos of your adorable family, and that you manage to retain your sense of humor when things are crazy! MOVING? I can't even imagine how you can tackle that amidst everything else - except that it's you, and you tackle all of this stuff with amazing grace and gratitude. You are a rock star (and not just when you're rocking out to monster ballads...)
Post a Comment