Thursday, January 27, 2011

A love like no other

There's not much time to write, as I need to get to bed since the boys are sleeping.  Gotta get sleep when you can around here!

I just feel the need to somehow get the words into this blog to express the overwhelming feeling of love and joy that is in my heart right now.  Not sure there will be words anywhere that can do that, but it's worth a try.

It's a combination for sure.

It's starts with God.  There's just nothing more pure, comforting or intimate.  It's a feeling like no other and if only the entire world could experience it we would all be better for it.

Next is my family, specifically my sweet children.  I say it all the time, but I'm just SO VERY PROUD.  Not of what they do....believe me, I'm not so proud of those things sometimes.

But of who they are....their hearts and souls.

Their charm, their passion, their compassion, their perseverance, their adaptability, their pure zest for life.

It's simple as children, but we make it all so difficult as adults.

Tonight I feel so appreciative for the feeling of simplicity....when in fact our life is anything but simple.

But when you remove all that doesn't really matter anyway, it is pretty simple.

I feel so, so blessed.  I feel peace and joy in the core of my being.  It's a pretty good feeling.

I am so thankful for my life and all the blessings God continues to send our way.

In so many ways I feel like God sent Logan into our lives to save us from ourselves.  He opened our eyes to what is really important, what really matters.

There is nothing better than the pure and precious love of a child and we have it times two!

I don't know that we did anything to deserve this, but I will try my best to live a life deserving of it going forward.  I will fail miserably over and over, I'm human.  But I'm going to try.

I wish and pray for everyone reading this the same feeling of overwhelming joy. It's worth whatever the sacrifice.

Sweet dreams and God bless.

No comments:

Prayers for output!

A lot has changed in almost 17 years of hospital stays.  The beds feel smaller, the bathroom seems smaller and the pull out ‘couch’ Fred and...