So just after I finished the last post Nana and Freddie came home from the Jumpe Place. Nana did have to jump by the way! We were joking about how crazy life has been this week when her phone rang.
Her sister, who may as well be her twin, is at the hospital with her husband because of a fall he experienced earlier in the day. They are preparing to transport him to Greensboro and may have to do surgery.
We certainly weren't expecting that curve ball!
So the night went something like this:
Nana and Papa pack their things and head to Greensboro.
I ponder the fact that I'm on my own with both boys tonight.
Fred calls, he is clearly somewhat out of it but is just checking on us and wants me to know he'll be home in the morning. I hope and pray he gets a good night's sleep. He needs it even without the illness he's dealing with!
With God's help and him giving me the confidence I need, both boys are fed, get baths, Logan gets his meds and Freddie gets two stories.
I did forget to brush their teeth and I have yet to put Vaseline on their poor little dry lips, but that may have to wait also. We'll see.
They were both slathered with lotion and at the moment they both seem to be sleeping peacefully.
I washed my face, which is actually quite a treat. Something I don't always get to each night. And I changed the sheets on our bed to rid them of any germs or contamination Fred may have left behind. No offense Fred.
The house is a complete wreck and I didn't make Logan's formula, but I'm going to tackle that in the morning.
Nana and Papa made it to Greensboro safely and they will likely be there for quite a few days.
All in all though, I think we're fairing pretty well.
Now I'm going to do my best to actually sleep. Single parents with no family support do this all the time and I so admire them.
I pray for my aunt and uncle as they experience this bump in the road. And I pray all us Wingates as well as our family in the hospital in Greensboro tonight get a good night's sleep.
Sweet dreams boys! Praise God tomorrow is a new day!
1 comment:
Sweet Ellen, if anyone can handle it, you can - but I wish you'd get a break!! I hope all of you are feeling much better today!
Post a Comment