Friday, February 22, 2013

It's time

So tomorrow is the day.  Clearly that could mean a million things.  But for us, for this tomorrow, it means that Logan's case will be presented in front of a room full of pediatric neurologists, there will be a brief discussion and then I will say a few words.

Now, to provide an accurate picture, this is an annual symposium where these doctors will discuss multiple topics related to pediatric neurology.  They started yesterday and we are the last item on the agenda before the meeting adjourns tomorrow.

In the grand scheme of life for these physicians, we are not a huge deal.  We are just part of the meeting.

And that is totally fine with me.

But for us, it is a pretty big deal.

I really only hope for a few things to come out of this for us though.

I pray that they will remember the bright blue eyes and amazing spirit of that almost 4 year old they saw at that conference.

And I pray that something that is discussed, something I say or something they remember because we were there will help other families that they see in the weeks, months and years to come.

Already it has been an amazing day.  Logan did great on the trip and loved, LOVED the Elmo DVD Fred bought him.  He has been giggling off and on all day.

The Biltmore Inn is beautiful, the drive in was great, we are surrounded by nature and the staff here is beyond accommodating.  With all that we need to make things comfortable for Logan, we have had to make a few calls to guest services.

We talked to Freddie earlier and he got another tip in Tae Kwon Do.  Master Lee even told him he was awesome.  And he's having pizza, carrots and probably anything else that he may ask for tonight during his sleepover with Nana.

The rain is gone.  Not outside, but in my soul.

I'm excited and a bit nervous about tomorrow, but I am walking by faith these days...not by sight.

I'll let you know how it goes!!!

1 comment:

Rhea said...

You will both do great and it will make a big difference in many lives!!!

Prayers for output!

A lot has changed in almost 17 years of hospital stays.  The beds feel smaller, the bathroom seems smaller and the pull out ‘couch’ Fred and...