Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Rain

The rain seems to be everywhere today.

Outside.

My email.

Facebook.

Every blog I read.

Caringbridge updates.

Relationships.

The news.

My heart.

My home.

It doesn't help that we are on day 6 of a 10-day course of antibiotics with one child and suctioning green stuff out of the other one all day.

It doesn't help that the little one whines and feels miserable because giving him antibiotics would actually make life worse for him.

It doesn't help that Nana feels rotten too.

It also doesn't help that I know life is just harder some times than others.  I know it, but I don't have to like it.

We are, however, in the middle of a medication change for LJ and so far his seizure activity is better.

This weekend is our Asheville trip where Logan's case will be presented at a Pediatric Neurology Symposium.

And, I just might have the most precious 6 1/2 year old alive.

So, life is good. But it's life. And it won't be good all the time, unless I choose to see it that way.

And there will always be rain.  It's up to me whether I drown or dance!


No comments:

Prayers for output!

A lot has changed in almost 17 years of hospital stays.  The beds feel smaller, the bathroom seems smaller and the pull out ‘couch’ Fred and...