You might have thought we completely abandoned the blog...it almost feels that way. But life has just had an extra dose of busy lately and this is what has taken a back seat. I'll try to make this as brief as I can to get caught up. However, brief is not my specialty!
The Good
We switched Freddie to a preschool close by that is only 2 days a week right now. He's adjusting well!
We are pursuing a second opinion for Logan at MUSC in Charleston...they take our insurance and Medicaid! YAY!
We finally got a disabled placard for when we have Logan in the car so we can park and still be able to get him in and out of the car easily.
We are adding Occupational Therapy to Logan's group of therapists.
We received a family pass to Tweetsie Railroad compliments of Easter Seals so we can enjoy family trips this summer.
We are hopefully about halfway through the process of getting the bath chair and wheelchair for Logan.
We now have time to get Freddie enrolled in swim lessons and basketball lessons and we have some time for play dates and storytime at the local library.
We are back on track for interviewing nurses....we have two coming next week.
I have a dear friend....Kent, who I mentioned before being like a brother to me...who came through a huge, risky surgery this week and is doing well.
I found out a friend who is battling some serious issues is finding help from her doctor....it's a step in the right direction and I am so thankful to God for that.
We have not been admitted to Levine for a legitimate stay in over 2 months!
We had a showing yesterday and then that same couple came back later to see the house again AND they asked some good questions. This is the most positive situation we have had so far with the house selling.
Fred had a great trip with De Anne and is doing well with Noosa!
We had an unbelievable trip to Danville! Visiting with friends and family was more special than I could have imagined. We can't thank everyone enough for making the effort to provide food, entertainment and the gift of their time!
Because we switched Freddie's school, Nana doesn't have to be here so early in the mornings to help us!
The list could truly go on of all the things with which we have been blessed, but so far these are the big ones I can think of!
The Bad
Logan has had some pretty rough days in the last two weeks or so. Seizures seem to bother him all day and some days it's like he never stops having them in some for or another. He's either having a seizure, fighting one, recovering from one or trying to sleep which doesn't come easy because of all the seizure activity. It's no way for anyone to live, which is why we are heading to MUSC and researching as much as we can to try and get this poor child some help. The brain abnormality is so secondary right now...the seizures are the worst part.
The Ugly
I can't really think of anything ugly in our life right now...Praise God!
It's a beautiful day outside today so we're going to get everyone ready and head out. YAY! I'll do my best to send updates more often.....this was bordering on ridiculous.
Thank you for your continued support and I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!
After our 3 month old son was diagnosed with a brain abnormality resulting in a difficult to control seizure disorder, we decided to join the blogging world and share with our family and friends the ups and downs, ins and outs and blessings of our journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Prayers for output!
A lot has changed in almost 17 years of hospital stays. The beds feel smaller, the bathroom seems smaller and the pull out ‘couch’ Fred and...
-
A lot has changed in almost 17 years of hospital stays. The beds feel smaller, the bathroom seems smaller and the pull out ‘couch’ Fred and...
-
In the early days of this blog, the words came almost effortlessly. They filled my brain and then poured out almost faster than I could type...
-
It seems as though our request for prayers is becoming all too familiar. I wish I was writing with huge praises but, at least for Logan, th...
No comments:
Post a Comment