Wednesday, June 8, 2011

About an hour in

So we're on the way to Florida to visit family, just us four. Which means Nana gets a break and Miss Jodie gets a break. Yay!!

We were only about 2 hours later leaving than we had hoped, but everything we needed fit into the car...the inside of the car. Everyone is excited to go so we're off!!

As I've mentioned in the past we sometimes struggle with regulating Logan's pooping, but he went a couple of times yesterday so we figured we were all good today! We got everyone settled in the car and we were less than an hour down the road when I looked back and noticed poop on his leg which had come from his hand. Because he is stil rear facing I had to climb out of my seat a little to see how bad it was. I could see it on his hands, legs, shorts, shirt and the car seat but I had no idea just what we were in for!

Fred and I devised our plan of attack as he looked for somewhere to stop. We were between Fort Mill and Columbia, so we didn't have too many options. Because we also needed to find some shade we ended up behind a Waffle House, on the ground with a gas station on the other side and a fairly run down lodging establishment through the parking lot.

We gathered all of our tools, gave each other a quick pep talk and began a project that will likely be talked about for years to come!

I can honestly say that I have never experienced anything like that in my life! Wow!!!

Poor Logan, he had been so patient but by this point was completely miserable, tired and hungry.

After almost a whole pack of wipes (the large refill packs), the loss of a cute pair of comfy blue shorts, one 'Nana went to Myrtle Beach and brought me this shirt' shirt, a light blue lap pad (which saved the car seat), 3 disposable pads and one rubber hair band Logan is at least not green anymore.

We also decided to give him a bath behind Waffle House with a bottle of Spring Water and baby soap. He has now eaten and had a short nap, and we are still in South Carolina. At least we're on 95 now!

Praying for a little less excitement for the remainder of e drive. But then again, this is the stuff memories are made of!

Happy Wednesday!!!!

No comments:

Prayers for output!

A lot has changed in almost 17 years of hospital stays.  The beds feel smaller, the bathroom seems smaller and the pull out ‘couch’ Fred and...