Here I am again, asking for prayers.
This time they are multi layered.
Here goes.
Prayers - to remember that even though death happens, we are still here...living. It's our prayers that matter to those left behind and our praises that matter to God and those who are finally free of all that plagued them here on this earth.
Prayers - to know what to do next for Logan. We think we know and we have a gut feeling, but knowing whether or not that next big step is right...sometimes that answer isn't shouted loudly enough for us. I need fireworks, loudspeakers, horns and parades telling me yes, this is it. Carry on with confidence!
Prayers - for travel. I am driving to DC with a precious mom whose 40 year old daughter has Dravet Syndrome. You can learn more about Dravet here. Our plan was to kind of crash this professional event where parents aren't exactly invited. It's a long, long trip, but one that we both feel is well worth the effort.
Prayers - our main goal for this trip was to meet my sweet friend Catherine who I have talked about before. She lives in CA and has a son who has a very similar story as our Logan. She is brilliant and determined and wonderful and human. She's making a difference in the world of epilepsy, making it so much better for so many families. We have known each other since our boys were babies, but we are only now getting the chance to meet in person. She is presenting at the event.
Prayers - I have now been asked to give a brief "talk" at the meeting. EEK! This is a national meeting with lots of really smart people...who will be looking at ME. I'm speaking at the end and the crowd will have thinned out considerably, but this is yet another chance I have been given to share Logan and I pray I would make him proud.
Prayers - I pray that my words are that which God would have me say and that those who are listening hear what God would have them hear.
Prayers - my sweet Freddie begged me not to go. "Just cancel it!" he said. Prayers that the boys and Nana (and Mabel, too) have a great time while I'm gone. Remembering I wasn't here only when I return. I don't like it when my babies are sad...any of them.
Prayers - just for our world in general. We have so many opportunities to be a bright light in a very dark place. My hope and prayer is that my light can continue to grow brighter and withstand the numerous attempts at extinguishing it. I have a light to shine now as well as this weekend. Probably a good time to open my Bible and added a little fuel to my fire.
As always, thanks. You don't just support us, you carry us daily.
Love, love, love and gratitude.
After our 3 month old son was diagnosed with a brain abnormality resulting in a difficult to control seizure disorder, we decided to join the blogging world and share with our family and friends the ups and downs, ins and outs and blessings of our journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Prayers for output!
A lot has changed in almost 17 years of hospital stays. The beds feel smaller, the bathroom seems smaller and the pull out ‘couch’ Fred and...
-
A lot has changed in almost 17 years of hospital stays. The beds feel smaller, the bathroom seems smaller and the pull out ‘couch’ Fred and...
-
In the early days of this blog, the words came almost effortlessly. They filled my brain and then poured out almost faster than I could type...
-
It seems as though our request for prayers is becoming all too familiar. I wish I was writing with huge praises but, at least for Logan, th...
No comments:
Post a Comment