Monday, August 17, 2009

Back and forth

It's been an interesting couple of days. The seizures aren't any better....in fact they seem a little worse. We visited Logan's pediatrician, who is also a wonderful friend, and other than the little brain issue and seizures, although they don't seem so little sometimes - he is a sweet and wonderfully happy baby boy!!! He is 4 months old and almost 20 pounds!

Now we begin the process of expanding our knowledge regarding neurology, neurologists, neurophysiology, children's hospitals, epilepsy and so much more. God has blessed us once again with contacts to children's hospitals all over the country. Our dear friends and even those we don't know as well are offering any and all info they have to help us get 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th....all the way up to maybe 7th and 8th opinions. I may have thought this to be somewhat excessive in the past, but when it's your precious child nothing seems excessive.

So that's basically where we are with Logan. More seizures on the max dose of medication. He has also started having seizures in the middle of the night, which is new. About two a night for the last few nights. It's actually time for his medicine as I type, but he is finally sleeping well and I can't bear the thought of waking him up.

In other Wingate family news....Freddie is starting to school on Wednesday! We are so excited to have found a Montessori school in the area. We have been struggling with finding somewhere that he will love and that will challenge his little mind. I shouldn't say little, the child amazes us every day. He is so sweet and such a rambunctious little boy all wrapped up in the most beautiful blond haired, blue eyed package. He's been asking all day to go and see his new teacher, Ms. Pam. I can't wait for this new chapter in his life and hope it will open doors for him that we never imagined. God's blessings shine once again.

We also had our first non-family Noosa employee start today. Yikes and whoo hoo!!! What a huge step. I could not be more proud of my amazing husband. He has and continues to work so hard not just in the business, but at balancing work, family, church and whatever time he has left for himself. He spent every single night with Logan and I at the hospital for almost a week, he was there whenever possible during the day and if he couldn't be there he made sure I was not alone. He worked, spent time with Freddie and made sure life continued for us from home. He is more than a blessing in my life and our family and we are so grateful for him.

We also made it to Sunday School and church yesterday. It was so where we needed to be. The message was from Proverbs 3:5-6. These verses were read at our wedding and the dedications for both of our sons.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

What could be more fitting for our lives? As our children's director put it, these are our life verses. And if that weren't enough, just to be surrounded by the love and support of a church family like we have at Providence Baptist. They are so amazingly good to us. I don't know how people survive without it.

Well, the little munchkin is waking up. I better get the bottle and medicine ready....you don't become 20 pounds at such a young age by missing any meals!!

1 comment:

Diane Powell said...

I love this!!! Thanks for creating. I sent to mom and Maile so they could keep in the loop with the haps. I'll call you this week to see when I can come by---finally in town this weekend!!! We're praying for you guys!! XXXOOOOXXOXOXOX :) Diane (& Ben)

Prayers for output!

A lot has changed in almost 17 years of hospital stays.  The beds feel smaller, the bathroom seems smaller and the pull out ‘couch’ Fred and...