It's our last day here at the Cabo Surf and as the sun completes it's early morning journey, I couldn't help but give in to the urge to write as I enjoy the sounds of the ocean. This is truly an amazing place. True, they started out with a tremendous amount of natural beauty, but the people make this place special. They are so kind and it seems as though no one here would rather be anywhere else. Sounds simple because it's their job, but somehow it's different.
De Anne and I have had a wonderful time together. On Friday we laid by the pool for a while just enjoying the sun. In the late afternoon she went surfing with Danielle, her sweet and patient surf instructor. After they enjoyed the waves for a while she and I decided to walk down the beach. When referring to a stroll on the beach where we are, that also means a little rock climbing, with no shoes on. It became somewhat of an adventure as do most things with the two of us! We headed back to the hotel after we reached a point where we could go no further and decided to head into Cabo San Lucas for a little dinner and dancing. We ate at Mi Casa whose atmosphere is as authentic as the food. It is such a cool place!
After dinner we headed to some of the local hot spots to check out the action. It's not their busiest time of year, but there is still quite a bit going on. Because we were looking for a place to dance we had been given the name of a few places, one being new - The Pink Kitty. No, I'm not kidding....that is the name. At the door the guy proceeded to tell us, to help encourage us to come in, that Tommy Lee would be there later that night. To my Danville girls I've known my entire life - Diane, Shannon and Wendy - this is the same Tommy Lee we saw in concert in 7th grade. The drummer for Motley Crue who mooned the crowd as we sat and watched with Wendy and Shannon's dads. It was our first concert ever! We had a blast and will never forget that night - Guns and Roses opened up for them. Needless to say we decided to check it out, you know, just because.
To say it was quiet was a bit of an understatement. I could count the number of people there on one hand, including us. However they had enough staff to handle whatever crowd may show up. We weren't sure about the place but decided to stick it out for a while. After standing around, but not sure of where else to go we decided to hit the dance floor....just the two of us. You would have thought we owned the place. From that point on we danced like no one else existed! And for a while, they didn't. But even when everyone showed up we still thought it was our show. We had a blast!!!
The next morning was a bit of a struggle as we got in rather late, but had to be up and going a little before 7am for a our surfing adventure. We had rented a car and talked Danielle into taking us to a place on the Pacific side called Cerritos. Apparently it's a well known surfing spot and at this time of year the waves are better over there than they are in front of our hotel. So we drove for about an hour through what seemed like nothing more than small towns and desert. As we topped a hill he turned left down a dirt road between two small signs. He mentioned that the road had been their for years and years, but it wasn't until recently that someone came in and started developing the area around it. How cool. A dirt road that people somehow just "knew" about to lead them to a great surf spot. We spent the day there with a ton of other surfers, had lunch, checked out the town of Todos Santos and then headed back to Cabo Surf. Such a cool day. It was another day spent excited about our adventure and thinking about how much Fred will enjoy this when he comes with De Anne.
We took it easy for the next couple of days and nights. We laid on the beach, ordered room service and were asleep before 10pm. Last night we decided to head into San Jose del Cabo. It is the coolest little town with shops and resaturants and a main square where I think they had a street festival over the weekend. This place is filled with wonderful people, great food, amazing atmosphere and plenty of local goodies to spend your US dollars on! We did a lot of window shopping, but left only with full tummies.
So here we are today. It's just before 8am and De Anne is going to head out soon for her final set. We'll head to the airport around 11am. Although I hate to leave such a beautiful and relaxing place, I can't wait to get home and see the boys and Nana and Papa.
Apparently everyone has been wonderful since I've been gone! I'm trying not to take that as a sign. The three Fred's headed to Spencer on Sunday to check out the trains and had a wonderful time. Freddie finally decided to talk to me on the phone that day...for the first time. He hasn't wanted much to do with me and De Anne. I think we can let it slide this time.
From the sound of things Logan has been doing great! Hopefully that means that the medicine is working. He's been happy, laughing and having fewer seizures. Hopefully the next step is seizure free.
I am so thankful to God and my family for this amazing trip. De Anne and I had so many conversations about how thankful and grateful we are for so many things in our lives. Now it's back to the real world and trying to keep those feelings where you can reach them when the world seems to throw nothing but curve balls your way. One step at a time....always a good plan. That and relying on God's faithfulness. We laughed during many of our conversations as they started out with so many questions and anxieties and always ended at the same place. God has a plan, we don't have to worry, he is always faithful. You would think that would sink in, but we have to keep reminding ourselves and each other.
My prayers are now of thanks and appreciation as well as a safe trip home. Also, for our friends the McKinney's who need prayers for their little one who is entering the world earlier than scheduled. We know God is there, every step of the way.
I'll see you soon boys!!! I can't wait to see you....I've missed you soo much!
After our 3 month old son was diagnosed with a brain abnormality resulting in a difficult to control seizure disorder, we decided to join the blogging world and share with our family and friends the ups and downs, ins and outs and blessings of our journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Prayers for output!
A lot has changed in almost 17 years of hospital stays. The beds feel smaller, the bathroom seems smaller and the pull out ‘couch’ Fred and...
-
A lot has changed in almost 17 years of hospital stays. The beds feel smaller, the bathroom seems smaller and the pull out ‘couch’ Fred and...
-
In the early days of this blog, the words came almost effortlessly. They filled my brain and then poured out almost faster than I could type...
-
It seems as though our request for prayers is becoming all too familiar. I wish I was writing with huge praises but, at least for Logan, th...
1 comment:
Cheers to a seizure-free 2010!!!
Post a Comment